Welcome to the MCTM website. Please explore the site and bookmark it as resources for information and communication concerning:
- Upcoming Conferences and Events
- MCTM Organizational Information
- Internet Resources for Mathematics
MCTM Mission Statement
The MCTM is an organization of professionals dedicated
to promoting the teaching and learning of meaningful mathematics
for all students by supporting educators in their efforts to improve mathematics instruction.
The goals of the Minnesota Council of Teachers of
- To develop an active interest in the science of mathematics.
- To help provide opportunities for the exchange of ideas and materials regarding instruction in mathematics.
- To further the study of problems relating to the teaching of mathematics at the elementary, secondary, and college levels.
- To work for the improvement of mathematics instruction at the elementary, secondary, and college levels in Minnesota.
- To work for the improvement of employment and service of members of the Council and members of the profession in general.
MCTM is an affiliate of the
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
MCTM membership opens the opportunity to become involved in the advancement of mathematics education. Find out more.
MCTM members are active in state, regional and national conferences (see sidebar menu).
MCTM Activities are coordinated by its officers and board, including:
- Area VPs
- Executive Director
- District Representatives